Wednesday, June 2, 2004

fromi

Yesterday ruled. I have the best friends in the world. I couldn't see most of them but they all called or sms me to say happy birthday, tho it's not only that what makes them so great. They're the best, and that's it.

I got home after class (a class we didn't have) around 11. I called Cris, who was at home studying and I decided to go over. She picked me up (yeah, we're lazy... hehe) and spent all morning with her, burning Smallville's 3rd season episodes and watching Family Guy. Around 14:30 we went out for lunch and she drove me home afterwards. At 19:00 we left again to go to Toni's dad funeral. It was weird. Sad. A lot of old friends from school were there. It was good to see them. After the funeral we all went to have a few drinks. Toni came with us. It was great. Seriously, I had a really good time with them. They're still the same people they used to. I guess we all are.

Actually, seeing them last night made me think about frienship and certain things I shared with them. Specially about my relationship with Toni. We've known each other since we were 5, been in class with him for 13 years, been in the same school bus for 13 years too, sitting together most of times. Been in Canada with him too, in Ireland, in all his birthdays... We've been always together. And I realized last night, that he's been the best of friends, in a way. I mean, he's not been, and is not, the kind of friend you would tell about everything, but he's been always there. We've shared so many things that I can't really think of anytime of my last 13 years without him being there in one way or another. Saying he's the best buddy I've had in school might be the correct definition for him, but I really feel like he's more than that. Cause, yeah, we might not be inseparable, but I know that he'll be there, and he knows I'll be here. Being the same we've been to each other. I know that won't change, even if we don't see each other in ages. And even if things changed, even if I wouldn't see him again, he'd still be one of my first friends. And I'd still be one of his first friends. We'd be those two kids that look like boyfriend and girlfriend. Both blonde, both smiling. It's been cool years at school.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home