Saturday, July 16, 2005

the fun of stepping on broken glass

My night today finished before it even started, around 3:30 pm. Same with band practice.
I accidentally kicked a glass, it broke and i step on it, barefoot. Not my fault tho. How could i know there was a glass next to the bed? I've been lucky, for what it could have been it's nothing, just a big but not too deep cut and few marks from tiny glasses.

To say the truth i didnt have any big plans for tonight, i dunno if anyone talked to Drew and we were hanging out with him or everyone was going to some parties in Torrelodones. I'll take a movie and enjoy the night home, it wont be too bad.
Plus I got the first sms in days and it was from yellow boy, which definitely made the evening better. I miss him. Being at Las Dunas right now would rock so much shit.

I talked to Marta, who said she might come at the end of September. Great news, it's gonna be fun. Havent seen her for years. I hope she gets online again later and we keep talking about her hot co-workers and all those lifeguards parties shes gonna take me to. Im really looking forward to go, hang out with her, meet people, and see all those places i wanna go to. Including Seaworld, with Shamu the killing whale.
I told her that if things go good at uni next year id like to go over for the summer and get a job, and she said i could easily do that. Things might not be as hard as i thought, specially knowing someone willing to help.

I was just thinking about online conversations, and all the stupid expressions we use. Things like "lol" when you're nor really laughing out loud, or simply writing "haha" when you're not even laughing.
I hardly use "lol" but i noticed i overuse smilies.
I think its all matter of the lack of body language. What would be a smile or sign of affection in real life can easily be a written "haha".
Same with the "lol" thing, used to express you've enjoyed that last comment, found it funny, and whatnot. Or the smilies, trying to show the tone of sentences, or make the conversation a bit less impersonal.
At least that's what i think i use that stuff for.


:: Drive all night to hold you tight
:: Back to California
:: Days went by
:: We waited and I guess we’re getting older
:: We couldn’t win in the end

:: You’re gone
:: I’m miles away

- Back to California, Sugarcult -

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home