Wednesday, June 29, 2005

l'escala calling

I've just got a call from Leonie. She was on the way to Las Dunas, starting work at the beach bar on July 1st. I was supposed to be there with her this summer.
She said it's gonna be weird being at Las Dunas without us, and yeah, it's gonna be weird spening the summer here. I miss the lot way too much. Specially when summer comes. I'll try to go over for a weekend or whole week with Juanma and my sister. I'll call Leonie next week to ask if her parents are going, if JP is going with them and when. It'd be great to be the five of us again.

I'm starting to regret not going. And starting to think about calling and saying: hey people, i'm able to go work this year. And simply leave in a few days.
I'm really discouraged about uni, september and everything it envolves, i'm in a "nothings gonna change, i'm not gonna make it in september either" kind of mood and i dont feel like wasting a summer for nothing.
I want a job and holidays. Or good marks.
And i know by not making the best of me i'll definitely won't do any good in the exams, but i dont want another day like June 17th, when i did a crappy exam of a subject i felt i knew a lot about and felt retarded.

Anyhow, i'm off. This can be left unfinished.

4 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

calle and me go to las dunas.
we start on the 15.07. at night and we gonna get there on the 16. 07 at night.we go by car...

we ll stay there for two weeks like always...
we thought about going to greece or something but we had to be honest and the only thing wee wanted to do was LAS DUNAS! :)

would be cool if you could come....:****

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger susiluz said...

I'll try to make it for a few days on your first week.
call me this weekend if you're home, ok?
love you!

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger susiluz said...

we definitely gotta go paintballing. and to the FATA. yay for crappy music! dutch hardcore to the max!! boom boom boom!
it's gonna be great being at Las Dunas on holidays. i promise not to sleep in when we're supposed to go to the beach. anyhow, even if i do, you can always wake me up. :-)
gero and sabrina going too?

 
At 2:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Regarding your Uni stuff, you sound like somebody who's been there for years and years... anyway I know the feeling. And yeah, it's discouraging. Spending a whole summer studying makes sense if you expect at least some results. Otherwise, you're wasting your time at least a little bit.

I've never believed in this February-June-September cycle. I think it would be better for everyone's sanity to leave it at February-June, so that EVERYBODY could get some decent vacation at least once a year. You'd have finals both at February and June, so February would be a little more intense; but at least everybody would be with their mind where it should in August. With this model, my ex-girlfriend was studyng the whole year in one way or the other. And that's not good.

But I disgress. If you think you can obtain good results by sacrificing yourself during the summer, don't hesitate; DO it. But otherwise, take some time off and choose a couple of exams to do well, and do them well. You'll feel a lot better.

and don't worry about those "i feel retarded" exams. They happen all the time. :D

/hugs

 

Post a Comment

<< Home