Monday, May 16, 2005

Shows. Days 2 and 3.

Day 2. Deconstruction Tour.

Arrived at the venue around 17:30. At 18 something i was in, at the merch stand with Pablo, trying to buy a BSF t-shirt. Only Crime started playing, but we kept waiting. After and endless while we finally got the stuff and went to meet the others. They were sitting on some sort of platform in fron of the stage, proably the best spot of the place.
After Only Crime came Strike Anywhere, and holy shit, those guys rocked hard! Same as Boy Set Fire (best band of the night, in my opinion) and Strung Out, that came right after. Mad Caddies were good too, but it was my 5th time seeing them so it wasnt that exciting.
I don't feel like talking about each band's gig, mainly cause it could take me forever, so i'll just say it's probably been the best show i've gone to (excluding Pukkelpop, tho it cannot really be compared to as it was a 3 day festival).
Strike Anywhere, BSF and Strung Out were simply amazing. I wish i could go back to saturday evening. Can't wait to see them again.

Same as friday night, there was a bizarre part..
Mad Caddies playing the last song, me going back to the merch stand to see the cds they had. I see there are some guys looking for something with lighters so i go and ask: what are you looking for? in spanish. One guy turns and i realize it's BSF singer, so i ask again (in english now) and he says they lost and ear plug. I start looking and find it. They give it to this guy, Robert, bassist of BSF, and he comes and hugs me saying i saved his life, that those ear plugs are really important and he invites me to the after-show private party (or whatever its called).
No one wanted to come with me, and I wasnt gonna go on my own, so at the very last moment i told Alez and Irene to come and they said yes.
So there we go with Nathan (the singer) up to where everyone was (outside). Got there and found everyone drinking, eating pizza and joking around. Shit, it was so much fun! Felt totally unreal, talking to people i didnt even know in which band they played (i usually dont dig into band's lives. I dont really care whether the singer of certain band is called Nathan or Kris, lives in wherever and loves pasta.)
Took a few cool pictures (specially when Nathan and Rober set that umbrella on fire and someone started saying out loud their band's name), talked to ppl from BSF and Strike anywhere mainly, got some emails, and left around 1:30 cause despite some of them wanted to go out and keep up the party, the buses were leaving for Lisbon.
I suggested Matt (BSF drummer) they should call a song "and girl gets burnt" or something like that. He said he loved the idea for a cd more than a song. It'd be rad if they actually called it that.



Day 3. Universimad. (Pictures of Shorelines)

The boys (and girl!) played at 4:45. It was a really cool show. I love them even more every time i see them. They played a few new songs that are really really good. I loved that super new one they just finished last week.
Can't wait for the next show. 25th May, with Further Seems Forever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home