Thursday, August 4, 2005

memories

Four years ago I crossed an ocean for a boy. Someone I thought cared about me just as much i cared about him. And although things didnt turn out as expected, taking that flight happened to be one of the best things i've done in my life.
I'll never know what he really felt for me cause we never got to talk about it then or after i left, and we're not in touch anymore. All i know is that things between us were a lot more complicated than they seemed and we both knew it.
Despite all the lies and hard times i'll be thankfull forever. He was the reason i went back to a house that felt just like home, and to a family i consider my own. A place and a time that made me part of what i am today.
I only have good memories of those two months and all the people i shared everyday with.
I remember her, who was like a second mom, and a friend, and will always be remembered. Someone i miss more each day as i start to realize is gone.

It's amazing how after the years I still remember every little detail about that house, and the trailer.
How much the basement changed from the first time i was there, where we had that halloween party. And those nights going back to the trailer with the munchies and making toasts. And finishing the box of timbits on the way home from Tim Hortons and that phrase from the first day about the kind of stuff that people do. And that other one while watching Titus.

And I also remember how everynight she'd make pop corn for me cause she knew i loved it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home