Thursday, January 5, 2006

a dormir, que vienen los reyes!

Days of frantic shopping are reaching the end. I'd say tomorrow's gonna be the last day of the excessive consumerism christmas bring us to, but sales start around the 8th in most of stores so shopping days will last a little longer.

Anyway, 'the day' is almost here. January 6th. Time to get all the christmas presents. For most of people here at least. Ive got part already but im sure there are still a couple of things hidden somewhere around the house. I kinda know what it'll be but I'm nonetheless pretty excited. As pathetic as it might sound, i usually have a hard time falling asleep on the 5th and i wake up fairly early the next morning. Something tells me it wont be too different tomorrow.
The only bad thing about this day is that Christmas break is also almost over. But oh well, the weekend's here too. Time to hang out with Kirsten, the visitor from Newport, Marta's friend from work. I met her the other day and she seemed great.

I've been all day remembering what my sister apparently said years ago when she was little.
Sister - Sabes lo que me ha dicho una niña en el cole? Que los reyes magos son mis padres.
Mom - Pues vaya tonteria, como van a ser tus padres?
Sister - Claro, eso le he dicho yo. Como mis padres van a comprar juguetes para todos los niños??

PS. Thanks for the call. Like always, it made me smile.


Listening: The Ataris - Life makes no sense.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home